Due to internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Manager to oversee the daily operation of the maintenance department, as well as manage health & safety, and renovation projects, including procurement and supplier relationships.
About Hothorpe Venues
Hothorpe Venues is in stunning countryside on the edge of Leicestershire and Northants,
with its 12-acre site home to Hothorpe Hall, The Woodlands and The Treehouse.
The event venues have 35 years of hospitality experience hosting meetings, conferences, and group retreats, through to weddings, functions and luxury B&B.
Hothorpe Venues are renowned for exceptional service and have seen huge business
growth in recent years.
- Manage the daily operational aspects of the site and oversee improvement
- Manage front of house maintenance including the look and feel of
workspaces, garden, courtyards, break-out area and kitchenette. Ensure all
related policies and procedures are correctly implemented
- Oversee and schedule equipment maintenance and ensure agreed policies
and procedures are correctly implemented, liaising with the wider team as
- Identify and implement improvements in service quality, performance
delivery and pricing
- Ensure the business and site is fully compliant with health & safety legislation
and best practice including regular fire drills, water testing, emergency light
testing, fire extinguisher servicing and repairs
- Managing relationships and contracts with third parties (including all PPM,
cleaning and security providers), ensuring quality of delivery, competence and
- Responsible for appointing first aiders and fire wardens, ensuring they are
trained and qualified to perform these duties
- Responsible for producing and collating risk assessments and method
statements for the whole site
- Responsible for management of the facilities budgets and in control of small
- Work with procurement on any new projects, raising POs and onboard new
suppliers as required.
General and Daily Duties
- Ensure staff perform daily checks around the venue
- Ensure the maintenance of all venues’ fixtures and fittings to ensure they are
in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the
property to minimise expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and
oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is
performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for the health and safety of the venues
- Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained
- Able to deal with ‘the now’ and adapt as business requests
- Attend and contribute in weekly planning meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Welcoming personality with a can do attitude, striving to be the best
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Well presented in appearance
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience in a management role.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of working in an office, serviced workspace, hotel or a commercial
- Excellent knowledge of the Health & Safety legislation
- Experience of project management and dealing with sub-contractors
- Knowledge of facilities management software preferred
- Written & verbal communication skills to negotiate, persuade and influence
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Flexibility to travel to other locations
- Advanced IT skills (Microsoft Office suite & Office 365) for planning and
budgeting, compliance and audit
- Experience of record management and information systems.